CHICAGO, Jan. 12, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Nationwide plaintiffs’ regulation agency Keller Lenkner LLC celebrates its three-year anniversary this week and marks a number of vital accomplishments in its comparatively brief historical past.
Based in 2018 by CEO Adam Gerchen, Accomplice Ashley Keller, and Managing Accomplice Travis Lenkner, the agency has rapidly develop into one of many main advanced litigation companies for plaintiffs in the US.
Within the final 12 months alone, Keller Lenkner has doubled its staff of attorneys, earned distinguished MDL management roles, and launched high-profile antitrust, privateness, product-liability, employment, and consumer-rights issues. Immediately, Keller Lenkner serves tons of of 1000’s of purchasers in litigation and arbitration issues and acts as plaintiffs’ counsel in high-stakes class and public-enforcement actions.
“Our mission is to realize distinctive outcomes for our purchasers, drive innovation within the apply of regulation, and pursue excellence in all the pieces we do,” Lenkner mentioned. “Our success in taking up the most important opponents and probably the most advanced authorized challenges is a credit score to our outstanding staff and our ambition to do issues in another way.”
Keller Lenkner has assembled one of many main groups representing plaintiffs in the US:
- From its preliminary staff of three, Keller Lenkner has expanded to 36 legal professionals and almost 60 skilled employees members, with extra development on the horizon.
- 79% of Keller Lenkner’s companions and associates hail from nationwide defense-oriented regulation companies, with 60% having practiced at AmLaw 25 companies and elite trial boutiques.
- 63% of Keller Lenkner’s companions and associates had been regulation clerks at a federal court docket of appeals or district court docket.
- Three of Keller Lenkner’s seven companions had been regulation clerks on the Supreme Courtroom of the US.
However the problem of COVID-19, the agency’s headcount has grown by 80% since March 2020—almost doubling its Chicago staff and extra firmly establishing its Washington, D.C. workplace, led by Accomplice Warren Postman, with the addition of three associates.
Keller Lenkner first made headlines in defending its purchasers’ rights to particular person arbitration. The agency has gained quite a few precedent-setting victories requiring defendants to adjust to their obligation to arbitrate disputes individually. As reported by the New York Times, Keller Lenkner has left defendants “scared to loss of life.” The agency has secured greater than $200 million in settlements for greater than 100,000 particular person staff and customers in these issues.
“Our pioneering arbitration apply exhibits the innovation and creativity Keller Lenkner brings to the plaintiffs’ bar,” Postman mentioned. “We imagine in our purchasers’ instances, and our staff and assets make sure that defendants can not use pressured arbitration clauses to flee duty for his or her misconduct.”
Keller Lenkner has additionally constructed a formidable product-liability apply, representing 1000’s of purchasers in a dozen consolidated actions all through the nation. The agency litigates instances instantly, receives referrrals from co-counsel, and acts as co-counsel with different main plaintiffs’ companies. Federal courts have acknowledged Keller Lenkner’s abilities by means of appointments to plaintiffs’ management positions in three MDLs:
- Accomplice Ashley Keller chairs the Regulation & Briefing Committee within the Zantac (Ranitidine) Merchandise Legal responsibility MDL.
- Accomplice Nicole Berg sits on the Regulation & Briefing Subcommittee within the 3M Fight Arms Earplug Merchandise Legal responsibility MDL.
- Affiliate Ashley Barriere leads the Regulation & Briefing Committee for the Onglyza and Combiglyze XR Merchandise Legal responsibility Litigation MDL.
“We’ve got rapidly developed a status because the go-to agency for regulation and briefing, and extra broadly, as a pacesetter within the plaintiffs’ area for product-liability instances,” Keller mentioned. “We increase the bar, and that is to the advantage of the whole plaintiff inhabitants.”
Keller Lenkner continues to broaden its advanced litigation apply by means of the pursuit of antitrust and consumer-rights instances. In simply the final two months, the agency introduced three vital new issues:
- The State of Texas retained Keller Lenkner to signify it in its antitrust case towards Google for making an attempt to monopolize on-line show promoting.
- On behalf of Fb customers, Keller Lenkner filed a category motion lawsuit towards Facebook for violating federal and California antitrust legal guidelines and deceiving customers about data-privacy protections.
- On behalf of LinkedIn advertisers, Keller Lenkner filed a category motion lawsuit towards LinkedIn for inflating promoting metrics and misreporting consumer exercise.
Along with its pathmarking authorized representations, Keller Lenkner has damaged new floor in its method to its enterprise and operations—together with by means of constructing a devoted, in-house client-services staff to serve its purchasers utilizing cutting-edge know-how and processes.
“That is solely the start,” Gerchen mentioned. “We are going to proceed to drive innovation, construct the very best staff, and ship flawless work for our purchasers.”
ABOUT KELLER LENKNER
Keller Lenkner LLC represents plaintiffs in advanced litigation issues in federal and state courts all through the nation. The agency acts for purchasers in school and mass actions, particular person arbitrations, and multi-district litigation issues. Its staff contains three former regulation clerks on the Supreme Courtroom of the US and former companions and associates from the nation’s main regulation companies. Since its founding in 2018, the agency has secured outcomes for greater than 100,000 purchasers.
SOURCE Keller Lenkner LLC