Covid-19 Updates and Vaccine Information • Know Your Vote – Monday May 3rd at 7:00 PM (Virtual Event) • View details about Town Meeting 2021 • Hopkinton Women’s Club Presents Meet the Candidates Night on Wednesday, April 28th at 7pm • HPD Awarded Accreditation • District seeks Town Meeting support as Elmwood School enters MSBA pipeline for replacement • Planning Board roundup: Article seeking town trash pickup at garden apartments not supported • Select Board roundup: Herr cautions that downtown project should not get derailed by complaints from residents • Select Board Actions Taken 04/13/2021
As of 04/16/21, Hopkinton’s Health Department is reporting 964 total confirmed COVID-19 cases; 41 of those cases are active, with 906 recoveries and 17 deaths. You can see historical tracking and updates on Hopkinton’s Community Impact Dashboard which is updated frequently.
This week’s new Covid Updates include:
Related News and Resources:
Know Your Vote – Monday May 3rd at 7:00 PM (Virtual Event)
eHop will hold its 9th Annual Know Your Vote forum on Monday, May 3, 7-9 pm. This will be a virtual event broadcast live on HCAM-TV and YouTube (https://youtu.be/TSpVpg2gzkw). This is a unique opportunity to get the answers you need from town officials before Town Meeting. This year, Town Meeting will vote on an FY2022 budget with a projected net tax impact of 2.5% as well as many other issues including:
- Marathon School addition
- Center School Renovation Feasibility Study
- Elmwood School Feasibility Study
- Community Preservation Funds including a Housing Relief Program
- Commercial Solar Overlay District
- Police Station Roof
- Skate Park
- And more, read the full Town Meeting warrant for details…
View details about Town Meeting 2021
The Annual Town Meeting Warrant and Motions Document have been posted to the eHop website. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to get the answers for you at “Know Your Vote” on May 3
Hopkinton Women’s Club Presents Meet the Candidates Night on Wednesday, April 28th at 7pm
The Hopkinton Women’s Club is holding the 33rd annual Meet the Candidates Night, our first virtual one, on Wednesday, April 28th, 2021, at 7:00 PM. HCAM will present this event live on television and on YouTube. We encourage townspeople to watch and ask questions of those citizens running for office in the May 22nd Town Election. Home viewers will have the opportunity to pose questions to the candidates ahead of time or that evening.
HPD Awarded Accreditation
The Massachusetts Police Accreditation Program consists of 257 mandatory standards as well as 125 optional standards. In order to achieve accreditation status, the Department must meet all applicable mandatory standards as well as 55 % of the optional standards. Achieving Accreditation is a highly prized recognition of law enforcement professional excellence.
District seeks Town Meeting support as Elmwood School enters MSBA pipeline for replacement
Special Town Meeting voters could take the first step toward a potential new Elmwood School.
By a unanimous vote, School Committee members agreed Thursday to place an article on the May 8 Special Town Meeting warrant seeking money for a feasibility study to look at the possibility of a new school.
Planning Board roundup: Article seeking town trash pickup at garden apartments not supported
The Planning Board on Monday voted against recommending Town Meeting passage of a citizen-submitted article that calls for the rescinding of a prohibition on town trash pickup at garden apartments.
The vote was 8-1, with Sundar Sivaraman the lone board member to support it. The petition, sponsored by resident Tom Garabedian, seeks to amend Article 13.
Select Board roundup: Herr cautions that downtown project should not get derailed by complaints from residents
Tuesday’s Select Board meeting mostly focused on housekeeping issues, but the Main Street Corridor Project was on everyone’s minds. As part of his town manager’s report, Norman Khumalo offered a very brief update on the construction, saying it is “progressing well” and noting that Verizon had moved several poles.
Select Board member Amy Ritterbusch commented that the board has received a number of emails from frustrated residents, and she said, “It is disappointing so many people have had issues so far.”
Board member Brian Herr said the board should be careful regarding its interaction with residents who have complaints.
Select Board Actions Taken 04/13/2021
ii. RESIGNATION- The Select Board will consider accepting the resignation of Beth Kelly from the Hopkinton Historic District Commission.
The Select Board approved the Consent Agenda. (4-0)
6:35 PM NEW TOWN EMPLOYEES
5. The Select Board will consider affirming the Town Manager’s appointment of Ethan Hart as Data and Application Support Specialist for the Town’s IT Department and Vasudha Dutta, Executive Assistant to the Town Manager’s Office.
The Select Board affirmed the Town Manager’s appointment of Vasudha Dutta, Executive Assistant to the Town Manager’s Office. (4-0)
6:45 PM BOARD/COMMITTEE APPOINTMENTS
6. The Select Board will consider appointing Christian Franklin to the Capital Improvements Committee, to a term expiring 6/30/2023.
The Select Board appointed Christian Franklin to the Capital Improvements Committee, to a term expiring 6/30/2023. (4-0)
6:50 PM 2021 ANNUAL TOWN MEETING WARRANT AND MOTIONS; 2021 SPECIAL TOWN MEETING
7. The Select Board will consider reviewing draft motions, signing the May 8, 2021 Annual Town Meeting Warrant, discussing its town meeting presentations, and changing the date of the close of the May 8, 2021 Special Town Meeting warrant to April 23, 2021.
- The Select Board voted to sign the May 8, 2021 Annual Town Meeting Warrant. (4-0)
- The Select Board voted to reconsider its recommendation on Article 44, Teresa Road to Hughes Farm Trail. (4-0)
- The Select Board voted to recommend No Action on Article 44, Teresa Road to Hughes Farm Trail. (4-0)
- The Select Board confirmed that the May 8, 2021 Special Town Meeting Warrant will close on April 23, 2021. (4-0)
MATERIALS FOR THIS MEETING: